FULL_PAGE_WRITES

From: "Potukanuma, Vishnu" <vishnusp(at)amazon(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FULL_PAGE_WRITES
Date: 2017-06-13 05:03:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am new to postgres, I have a simple question.
When this parameter FULL_PAGE_WRITES is set to ON, it writes the FULL pages to WAL, does it write just the data pages or both the index pages as well.
I tried running update statement on the table which updates the same number of rows with and without the index, the WAL size is the same.

Thanks,
Vishnu