Re: Little cleanup of ShmemInit function names

From: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Little cleanup of ShmemInit function names
Date: 2024-08-28 18:41:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hmm, I don't see the issue. It's an uncommon sentence structure, but it
> was there before this patch, and it's correct AFAICS. If you grep for
> "which see ", you'll find some more examples of that.

Not sure if it is correct or not but from some googling it seems to be a
direct translation of "quod vide". I think "for which, see" would likely
be more proper English but it is not my native language and we use
"which see" elsewhere so we might as well be consistent and use "which see".

>> On the topic of minor language issues I think the comma below is
>> redundant.
>>
>> "In the normal postmaster case, the shared hash tables are created here."
>
> On second thoughts, I rearranged the sentences in the paragraph a
> little, see attached.

Looks good!

Andreas