Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index

From: Ilya Gladyshev <ilya(dot)v(dot)gladyshev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, "李杰(慎追)" <adger(dot)lj(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>
Subject: Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index
Date: 2024-07-11 20:35:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It is broken in master, I just didn’t want to create a separate thread, but it can be fixed independently. As I remember, the problem is that progress is tracked for each table in the hierarchy as if the table is processed separately, without ever setting partitions_total and partitions_done counters.