Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-26 01:46:15
Lists: pljava-dev

On 07/25/20 13:42, Chapman Flack wrote:
> On 07/25/20 12:54, Kartik Ohri wrote:
>> I saw that the current configuration for maven javadoc has
>> exclude parameters in the pom.xml file. Now, maven uses a DirectoryScanner
>> to help out with the excludes which is available as a package in maven
>> shared utils. I am unable to think of a way to handle excludes with the

Just as perhaps the best illustration yet of why I want to move away from
the maven-javadoc-plugin: the reason those excludes are there is explained
in the commit log for 5ee9b6b.

The whole reason those excludes are there is to stop the wretched
maven-javadoc-plugin from passing stuff to javadoc that made it do
the wrong thing.

They wouldn't be needed at all otherwise.

Regards,
-Chap