Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)
Date: 2020-05-21 22:07:07
Lists: pljava-dev

On 05/21/20 17:25, Kartik Ohri wrote:

> Please see https://travis-ci.org/github/amCap1712/pljava/builds/689767027 .
> I have written a script to add builds for combinations of major versions of
> Java and PostgreSQL on macOS. But I think this is an overkill to for all
> platforms (even for a single platform). Let me know your thoughts on this
> and if any other additions are required to complete the macOS setup. After
> this, I will add builds for Linux and at last for Windows.

I will look soon.

I agree that a Cartesian product of PG versions and Java versions would
be more than necessary. What is important is to confirm that every
supported PG version works (built with some Java version), and every
supported Java version can be used to build (with some PG version).

Ideally, that much would be confirmed on each supported platform.

I don't think I have ever run into an interaction effect between the
Java version and the PG version (it would be quite unexpected, as those
two things on their own don't know about each other).

> Some of the build combinations fail intermittently but work just fine when
> ran again. It seems to be an error on Travis CI side. I am investigating
> the issue and am working to fix it.

Thanks!

Regards,
-Chap