Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)
Date: 2020-05-22 18:24:29
Lists: pljava-dev

> I will look soon.

Please take a look at this
https://travis-ci.com/github/amCap1712/pljava/builds/167810527 instead. I
have added builds for both linux and macOS here. (The previous one had only
macOS). #77.19 test pljava against PostgreSQL 12 built from source with the
relevant flags you mentioned earlier.

> I agree that a Cartesian product of PG versions and Java versions would
> be more than necessary. What is important is to confirm that every
> supported PG version works (built with some Java version), and every
> supported Java version can be used to build (with some PG version).
>
> Ideally, that much would be confirmed on each supported platform.

I have reduced the build matrix to the minimum builds required to meet
these conditions.

#77.8 and #77.17 illustrate this issue. In #77.8, macports is unable to
install openssl which is installed properly in all of the remaining builds.
#77.17 fails with some include path error due to nar-maven. #77.16 had
failed with the same error. But when I ran it again without any changes, it
passed the build as you can see on the page.

Both #77.8 and #77.17 will pass the build if run again without any
changes. I am trying to contact with the people at #macports on freenode
IRC to find a solution for the issue with #77.8. For #77.17, I have seen
this issue in PL/Java Github issues. The problem is I do not have to change
anything to fix it. It automatically breaks and fixes itself. Can you shed
some light on this one ?

Sorry for sending it multiple times. I had pressed both Reply and Reply All
by mistake.