Re: [Pljava-dev] Building PLJava on Solaris issues

From: "Eugenie V(dot) Lyzenko" <evl(at)goldencode(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] Building PLJava on Solaris issues
Date: 2016-03-26 22:17:23
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Chap,
> On 03/23/16 13:26, Eugenie V. Lyzenko wrote:
>> Yes, this works too, no need to patch *.jar file:
>>
>> bash path/to/mvn -Dnar.aolProperties=... clean install
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if you will have a chance to try on the weekend, but does
> something go wrong if you remove the -R/usr/postgres/9.4-pgdg/lib/64
> from your aol.properties file?
Consider the following for final so:
$ ldd libpljava-so-1.5.0-BETA2.so
libecpg.so.6 => /usr/postgres/9.4-pgdg/lib/64/libecpg.so.6
libpgtypes.so.3 => /usr/postgres/9.4-pgdg/lib/64/libpgtypes.so.3
libpq.so.5 => /usr/postgres/9.4-pgdg/lib/64/libpq.so.5
The PLJava needs the library from PostgreSQL. And if we have several PostgreSQL versions
installed on the system - we need to exactly point what version we want to link with(and
32 or 64 bit).
> If so, could you describe the exact failure and the message?
Now let's see what we have if to remove explicit declaring -R/usr/postgres/9.4-pgdg/lib/64
from aol.properties file:
$ ldd libpljava-so-1.5.0-BETA2.so
libecpg.so.6 => (file not found)
libpgtypes.so.3 => /opt/csw/lib/64/libpgtypes.so.3
libpq.so.5 => /opt/csw/lib/64/libpq.so.5

At least we potentially will have one runtime linkage error. The other libraries may work
and may not properly.

The idea of my approach is to exactly point what I want to be done and expect the things
will go in a planned way. I understand this may be not the only right way but in case of
dynamic linkage I prefer to include the library path into SO rather than defining path to
SO object by system variables. The SO library does not spend a time searching required
library across the system.

Regards,
Eugenie.