Re: [Pljava-dev] Building PLJava on Solaris issues

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] Building PLJava on Solaris issues
Date: 2016-03-26 21:12:11
Lists: pljava-dev

On 03/23/16 13:26, Eugenie V. Lyzenko wrote:
> Yes, this works too, no need to patch *.jar file:
>
> bash path/to/mvn -Dnar.aolProperties=... clean install

Hi,

I don't know if you will have a chance to try on the weekend, but does
something go wrong if you remove the -R/usr/postgres/9.4-pgdg/lib/64
from your aol.properties file?

If so, could you describe the exact failure and the message?

The aol.properties file should really be about the compiler tool chain
and not contain references to specific PostgreSQL versions or locations.

If PL/Java has to be built with an RPATH on Solaris for some reason, that
may have to be handled in the pom.xml, but first I am just wondering
whether it is really necessary.

I have another reported issue where an RPATH *is* necessary when using
EnterpriseDB community builds, because in their lib directory they are
supplying substitute versions of standard system libraries. But I do not
see any sign of that in the PGDG downloads for Solaris.

-Chap