Re: [Pljava-dev] Build Fails on Windows 7

From: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] Build Fails on Windows 7
Date: 2016-02-18 16:28:15
Lists: pljava-dev

On 2/18/2016 7:47 AM, Chapman Flack wrote:
> #2 The build appears to have succeeded (as far as Maven thinks,
> anyway).
I didn't realize earlier, but I do have jar files in pljava/target. I
was looking earlier only at the top target directory
> #3 There are curious warnings. Most are from the printf format
> checker, which seems to think jint and int are different
> widths, likewise jlong and long. This makes me uneasy.
> The other curious warnings are about the signal handlers
> not getting defined in Backend.c. That also bears looking
> into (which I won't have time for until later).
>
> You might, cautiously, load it into your PostgreSQL database
> and see what it does. I would not (ahem) do this on a production
> instance at this stage. :)
>
> Could you reply with whatever is in your Java installation's
> include/jni.h and include/*/jni_md.h files pertaining to the
> declarations of jint and jlong?
>
> -Chap
I renamed jni.h to jni.h.txt (as I'm sure that some email clients will
not like the .h extension) and attached here.

The ${java}/include/win32/jni_md.h is inline below:

#ifndef _JAVASOFT_JNI_MD_H_
#define _JAVASOFT_JNI_MD_H_

#define JNIEXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
#define JNIIMPORT __declspec(dllimport)
#define JNICALL __stdcall

typedef long jint;
typedef __int64 jlong;
typedef signed char jbyte;

#endif /* !_JAVASOFT_JNI_MD_H_ */

I must say that I'm impressed with your knowledge. I've been writing
Java code for a very long time now, and never even knew that there are
.h files in ${java}/include

Igal

Attachment Content-Type Size
jni.h.txt text/plain 72.0 KB