Re: [Pljava-dev] Some tips to keep mvn -X output to manageable size

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] Some tips to keep mvn -X output to manageable size
Date: 2016-02-18 16:23:01
Lists: pljava-dev

On 02/18/2016 11:12 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
> On 2/18/2016 7:58 AM, Chapman Flack wrote:
>> 1. The *first* time you run mvn, it downloads *tons* of build
>> dependencies into your local Maven repository, and all the
>> download progress messages are included in your output.
>> (Also, if you ever clean out or remove your local repository,
>> the same thing happens again on the *next* mvn run after that.)
>>
>> So tip #1: run mvn once at first (or once right after emptying
>> the repo), then run mvn -X clean install *again* and save the
>> output that time, not the first time.
> Sounds good.
>> 2. If the build issue is in the native code (pljava-so subproject),
>> run a full mvn clean install in the top pljava directory once,
>> then cd pljava-so and from then on run mvn -X clean install
>> only there, so your output only covers that part of the build.
>> Once that is succeeding, cd .. and retry a full build for
>> adventure's sake.
> Is the problem now in pljava-so subproject? I'm not sure how do you see
> that, so I wouldn't be able to tell by myself.

No, I was just giving general tips (I changed the Subject: line).

Your last build got past pljava-so and finished everything in fact.
You could try loading it. (It still might or might not work.)

I am still interested in those compiler warnings about int/jint
and long/jlong widths and undeclared handlers. Those *are* in
the pljava-so subproject, but I won't have anything new for you
to try there until I have more of a chance to look.

-Chap