Re: PATCH: Login/Group Role Node

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Login/Group Role Node
Date: 2016-01-20 08:40:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Ashesh,

Addition to below, I also observed two more issues,

- It's a bad idea to give md5 hash of current role's password in
properties/edit mode, A malicious user can use that hash to crack
another role's password.

- When you select a role and click on SQL panel (near to Statistic
panel), we encounter exception as below,

File
"/home/murtuza/PROJECT/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/roles/__init__.py",
line 531, in wrapped
return f(self, **kwargs)
File
"/home/murtuza/PROJECT/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/roles/__init__.py",
line 714, in sql
data=self.request,
AttributeError: 'RoleView' object has no attribute 'request'

Regards,
Murtuza