Re: Multi Master Replication

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multi Master Replication
Date: 2013-12-18 20:16:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/18/2013 1:31 AM, itishree sukla wrote:
> I need suggestion about setting up multi master replication between
> two postgresql server place two different geographical area. As i know
> using some third party tool like Bucardo,RubyRep it can be achievable,
> not sue which is the good one to use. If any one can provide me some
> online documentation links, it will help me as well.

that sort of replication is very problematic. its virtually impossible
to maintain ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability) and
maintain any semblance of performance.

question for you, what do you expect to happen if the communications
link between the servers is interrupted, and updates continue to be sent
to both servers?

--
john r pierce 37N 122W