Re: Bus error in libxml2 in postgresql 9.2.x on FreeBSD

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bus error in libxml2 in postgresql 9.2.x on FreeBSD
Date: 2013-12-18 08:54:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Steve,
this reminds me the problems i had when trying to install pl/java in postgresql 9.2 FreeBSD :
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2013-February/010019.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2013-February/010021.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2013-February/010022.html

The solution was to explicit link postgresql with /usr/lib/libpthread.so in src/backend/Makefile

postgres: $(OBJS)
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS_EX) $(export_dynamic) $(call expand_subsys,$^) $(LIBS) -lpthread -o $@

Just an advice, you are also likely to find answers for similar problems in FreeBSD lists.

--
Achilleas Mantzios