Bus error in libxml2 in postgresql 9.2.x on FreeBSD

From: Steve McCoy <mccoyst(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bus error in libxml2 in postgresql 9.2.x on FreeBSD
Date: 2013-12-16 14:41:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I found some semi-recent messages related to this in 9.0.x, but wanted to
confirm for anybody searching that the same issue exists in 9.2.x. It
crashes for me with a similar backtrace as [Laurentius Purba’s][1]. The
same fix/workaround applies as well: Compile libxml2 without the “threads”
option.

If I’m understanding the explanations correctly, the issue is that
libxml2+threads expects something to be initialized by the calling program
(postgres), but since the program isn’t multithreaded, this doesn’t happen.
It sounds like something that neither side can really fix, but if I’m wrong
and any devs would like a core file, I can provide one.

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAMfLBnhQ6641yMbij2-7oZKSGMgfnE5V3GGfkvYXOJy8uMRctg@mail.gmail.com