[Pljava-dev] pljava @ itpug (italy) 2010

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava @ itpug (italy) 2010
Date: 2010-12-13 14:26:42
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Luca,

Wouldn't it be better to manage distributed transactions in the middle tier on top of it all? After all, you are already
*in* a transaction when you execute your PL/Java code and that's a transaction that you cannot connect other resources to.

When writing PL/Java, I did not intend for distributed transactions to be orchestrated from within it for sure. That's
not a recommended use-case. In fact, I would strongly advice against it.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren