[Pljava-dev] pljava @ itpug (italy) 2010

From: fluca1978 at infinito(dot)it (Luca Ferrari)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava @ itpug (italy) 2010
Date: 2010-12-13 13:37:12
Lists: pljava-dev

On Monday, December 13, 2010 01:57:48 pm Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson's cat
walking on the keyboard wrote:

> Could you clarify a little, I'm not following. PL/Java runs in the
> backend already.

Let say pl7java is executing in a transaction scope on the postgresql server,
and connects/starts a distributed transaction on another application server.
Such transaction is totally managed by the pl/java process, but the backend
does not see it at all, right? Is there a way to make the distributed
transaction started from pl/java available on the backed? So if the former
aborts the second does too. My quick answer is no, but I ask to be sure.

Thanks,
Luca