compiling postgres on windows - how to deal with unmatched file extension?

From: "Yang, T(dot) Andy" <tyang99(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: compiling postgres on windows - how to deal with unmatched file extension?
Date: 2022-12-14 04:55:53
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to build postgresql from source code on windows. The build ran into a bunch of errors like
'src/backend/bootstrap/bootparse.c': No such file or directory
'src/backend/parser/gram.c': No such file or directory

These .c files are referenced in postgres.vcxproj. They actual exist but their extension is either .l or .y instead of .c. What am I supposed to do so the build process will find these files with correct extension? I don't think I need to modify vcxproj files to make it work.
I checked out source code from the latest master version on github. I was expecting the build would go smoothly since I didn't modify anything.
If this is not the right group to post this kind of question, please let me know the right one.
Thanks,Andy