Re: compiling postgres on windows - how to deal with unmatched file extension?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Yang, T(dot) Andy" <tyang99(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: compiling postgres on windows - how to deal with unmatched file extension?
Date: 2022-12-14 05:06:38
Lists: pgsql-general

"Yang, T. Andy" <tyang99(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I'm trying to build postgresql from source code on windows. The build ran into a bunch of errors like
> 'src/backend/bootstrap/bootparse.c': No such file or directory
> 'src/backend/parser/gram.c': No such file or directory

I know little about building on Windows, but these are derived files
that should be built by running flex on the corresponding .l file
or bison on the corresponding .y file. A likely explanation is that
you don't have those tools installed, in which case you should have
seen associated errors earlier in the build log.