Re: unused_oids script is broken with bsd sed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unused_oids script is broken with bsd sed
Date: 2018-04-25 14:18:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> +many for rewriting in perl. Do you want to have a go at that? If not I
> will.

+1 ... I was mildly astonished that this didn't already have to happen
as part of the bootstrap data conversion effort. It's certainly not
hard to imagine future extensions to the .dat file format that would
break this script, and duplicate_oids too. I think we should rewrite
both of them to use the Catalog.pm infrastructure.