Trigger on a column

From: Josep Sanmartí <josep(dot)sanmarti(at)openwired(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trigger on a column
Date: 2006-02-06 09:44:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

My trigger's running on a table that works perfectly. This trigger calls
a function that inserts or modifies a row of a different table. My
problem is that I need to optimize this trigger, and the only way that
I've found is to fire the trigger when certain table fields are
modified. I do it like this:

CREATE TRIGGER tr_barra_aps AFTER INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE OF status
ON am_access_point EXECUTE PROCEDURE f_barra_aps();

but I get this error:
ERROR: syntax error at or near "status" at character 62

The status field is correct. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

--
Josep Sanmarti
Analista de Projectes