Re: Function Dependency

From: Tony Wasson <ajwasson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Padam J Singh <padam(dot)singh(at)inventum(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Function Dependency
Date: 2006-02-06 02:18:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 2/1/06, Padam J Singh <padam(dot)singh(at)inventum(dot)cc> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am maintaining an application that has over 400 procedures and functions
> written in plsql, and around 100 tables.
> I want to generate a function dependency chart to depict the following:
>
> 1. Inter function/procedure dependencies
> 2. function-tables dependencies
> 3. function-sequences depencies
>
> Is there a standard method of doing this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Padam.

I too would be interested in a standardized tool to do this. I had a
similar situation and I ended up writing a perl script to parse my SQL
and make a graphviz dot file. I then used graphviz to make a function
dependency chart. I can't promise it would catch every single case,
but I can provide you with the code if you wish to give it a whirl.

Tony Wasson