Re: Trigger on a column

From: Josep Sanmartí <josep(dot)sanmarti(at)openwired(dot)net>
To: William Leite Araújo <william(dot)bh(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger on a column
Date: 2006-02-06 10:48:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

readding around I just found this:
The CREATE TRIGGER statement in PostgreSQL implements a subset of the
SQL99 standard. (There are no provisions for triggers in SQL92.) The
following functionality IS MISSING:
* SQL99 allows triggers to fire on updates to specific columns (e.g.,
AFTER UPDATE OF col1, col2).
* .....

Does anybody know if that's true on version postgresql (PostgreSQL)
8.1.2? Because I don't actually know from what version that sentence is.

Thanks in advance

--
Josep Sanmarti
Analista de Projectes