Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6
Date: 2004-12-03 21:02:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>It's too bad the buildfarm reports don't show more details about what
>CVS pull they're using exactly.

Snapshot is the UTC time at which the cvs pull was done. Clients report
what files have changed since the last run, and also, in the case of a
failure, what files have changed since the last successful run. See for
example
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dog&dt=2004-12-03%2000:06:02

The Windows and Cygwin clients are not currently doing this, as they are
running experimental code in which it has been temporarily disabled.

I guess I could actually get CVS revision info via cvs status for these
files and report it, if you think that would be useful. This at least is
one case where another SCR system than CVS would be nicer - in SVN for
example you would just report the tree id.

>I think that this case might be fixed
>by the tweaking I did yesterday, but I can't tell whether that run
>occurred before or after that commit. In any case it's not a real
>failure, just an output-ordering difference.

I am running it again to see. I agree that at worst it would require an
alternative output file, assuming we aren't bothered by these ordering
differences.

cheers

andrew