Can't write lock file

From: MT <mt(at)open2web(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can't write lock file
Date: 2002-10-21 18:33:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Here are the results of

df /tmp/
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hdc6 253840 243504 0 100% /

df -i /tmp/
Filesystem Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/hdc6 65792 24415 41377 38% /

The above information seems to me contradictory in that df /tmp reports
that 100% of my 1k-blocks are used, while df -i /tmp/ reports that only
38% of inodes are used. I don't know what to make of this. Nor am I sure
if this is why I can't use postgres. Nor why this problem has occured in
the first place.

Totally in the dark,

Mark