Re: ECPG cleanup and fix for clang compile-time problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: John Naylor <johncnaylorls(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: ECPG cleanup and fix for clang compile-time problem
Date: 2024-08-15 00:43:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Here's a rebased but otherwise identical patchset. I also added
> an 0007 that removes check_rules.pl as threatened.

I've done some more work on this and hope to post an updated patchset
tomorrow. Before that though, is there any objection to going ahead
with pushing the 0001 patch (pgindent'ing ecpg's lexer and parser
files)? It's pretty bulky yet of no intellectual interest, so I'd
like to stop carrying it forward.