Re: Documentation building broken in CFBot

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Documentation building broken in CFBot
Date: 2020-11-13 14:58:21
Lists: pgsql-www

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> On 2020-11-11 21:04, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 11 Nov 2020, at 16:43, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>>> I wonder if we should start passing "--nonet" to xmllint et al.

> How about this patch.

This looks like it probably works as far as the actual build goes, but
could we change configure's call of xmllint likewise? On a lot of my test
machines (where, as a rule, I don't install DocBook; but xmllint may exist
anyway), that probe for the docbook DTDs is the slowest step in configure,
and not by a small margin.

Actually, I kinda wonder why we bother probing for that at all; it doesn't
look like anything is done with have_docbook.