What is the best way to upgrade pgAdmin on Windows?

From: 毛毛 <krave(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What is the best way to upgrade pgAdmin on Windows?
Date: 2024-08-15 06:34:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey there,

I just found out my pgAdmin is version 7.6, while the current version is 8.6. Looks like it's time for an upgrade!

The notification I got had a link to the EDB site with a bunch of PostgreSQL installers listed. Thing is, I don't want to mess up my database. So I figured it'd be smart to learn some best practices for upgrading before I dive in.

Any tips or advice on how to do this safely? Thanks in advance!