Re:Re: What is the best way to upgrade pgAdmin on Windows?

From: 毛毛 <krave(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:Re: What is the best way to upgrade pgAdmin on Windows?
Date: 2024-08-16 05:02:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Ron,

The notification I got had a link to the EDB site with a bunch of PostgreSQL installers listed. Thing is, I don't want to mess up my database.

What does PgAdmin have to do with your database?

I didn't know there was a standalone installer for pgAdmin.

This link brought me to this page: https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads
I could not find a standalone installer for pgAdmin so I thought I can only upgrade via one of the all-in-one installer.

Hi Adrian,

How did you originally install pgAdmin4?
I started by clicking Download the installer on this page: PostgreSQL: Windows installers
I ran the installer downloaded and checked the box for pgAdmin during the installation.

Hi Anthony,

If your version of pgAdmin was installed while you installed PostgreSQL itself via the EDB installer for Windows, then the easiest upgrade option is to navigate under Start to Uninstall Programs and choose to uninstall PostgreSQL.

When the uninstaller fires up, it should give you the option to specify which components to uninstall. You can choose to uninstall ONLY pgAdmin.

I do this often and have never had an issue. It avoids getting two versions of pgAdmin on your Windows machine.

This is exactly what I did. I carried out the installation exactly as described in your book.
What should I do after the uninstallation? Should I download and run installer available on: Download (pgadmin.org)

Thank you!