Re: What is the best way to upgrade pgAdmin on Windows?

From: Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What is the best way to upgrade pgAdmin on Windows?
Date: 2024-08-15 13:56:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Aug 15, 2024 at 2:35 AM 毛毛 <krave(at)163(dot)com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I just found out my pgAdmin is version 7.6, while the current version is
> 8.6. Looks like it's time for an upgrade!

https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgadmin-4-windows/

The latest is 8.10.

> The notification I got had a link to the EDB site with a bunch of
> PostgreSQL installers listed. Thing is, I don't want to mess up my
> database.

What does PgAdmin have to do with your database?

(Unless EDB only bundles *everything* together, in which case you should *ask
EDB*.)

> So I figured it'd be smart to learn some best practices for upgrading
> before I dive in.
>
> Any tips or advice on how to do this safely? Thanks in advance!

I'd install 8.10 from
https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v8.10/windows/, and expect
it to overwrite the old version, just like every other Windows and Linux
installer does.

--
Death to America, and butter sauce.
Iraq lobster!