Re: Remove unlogged materialized view persistence handling

From: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: px shi <spxlyy123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remove unlogged materialized view persistence handling
Date: 2024-10-11 07:18:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 11 Oct 2024 14:44:43 +0800
px shi <spxlyy123(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > +1
> >
> > Materialized view is introduced by 3bf3ab8c563 and at that UNLOGGED was
> > allowed, and it is disallowed by another commit 3223b25ff73. However,
> > it seems that the tab-complement is missed to fixed.

Sorry, the comment above was not correct.
The fix was about pasl's \d meta-command, not tab-complement.

- if (tableinfo.relpersistence == 'u')
- printfPQExpBuffer(&title, _("Unlogged materialized view \"%s.%s\""),
- schemaname, relationname);
- else
- printfPQExpBuffer(&title, _("Materialized view \"%s.%s\""),
- schemaname, relationname);
+ printfPQExpBuffer(&title, _("Materialized view \"%s.%s\""),
+

"Unlogged materialized view" is never printed since it cannot be created from the beginning
of materialized view support, so this is a dead code to be removed.

> > The Assert for RELKIND_MATVIEW in heapam_hander.c was introduced in
> > d25f519107b
> > after that, but I think it can be also removed.
> >

> Thank you for your feedback and support!
>
> I also add this as a post in Commit Fest [0]
>

> [0] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/50/5292/

I marked it as Ready-for-Committer.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>