Re: Little cleanup of ShmemInit function names

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Little cleanup of ShmemInit function names
Date: 2024-08-29 01:06:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Aug-28, Tom Lane wrote:

> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi> writes:

> > Hmm, I don't see the issue. It's an uncommon sentence structure, but it
> > was there before this patch, and it's correct AFAICS. If you grep for
> > "which see ", you'll find some more examples of that.
>
> I didn't check the git history for this particular line, but at least
> some of those examples are mine. I'm pretty certain it's good English.

As a non-native speaker, I'm always grateful for examples of unusual
grammatical constructs. They have given me many more opportunities for
growth than if all comments were restricted to simple English. I have
had many a chance to visit english.stackexchange.net on account of
something I read in pgsql lists or code comments.

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/