Re: BUG #18570: Drop event trigger for DDL finishes successfully but trigger still executed on DDL

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: p2wap3(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18570: Drop event trigger for DDL finishes successfully but trigger still executed on DDL
Date: 2024-08-06 14:38:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 2024-Aug-06, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> After some time I decided to drop the event trigger. The command is executed
> successfully (DROP EVENT TRIGGER <name> CASCADE)
> I double checked by querying the information_schema.triggers (the list is
> empty)
>
> But every time I try to execute a DDL operation, I encounter an error saying
> that DDL function was called.
> The error was saying the operation failed because awsdms_intercept_ddl()
> function.

Maybe you're dropping the event trigger in one database, but it still
exist in other databases. For example, if you originally created it in
template1 and it got propagated by CREATE DATABASE into some new one,
then if you drop it from template1 it'll still exist in the databases
you created later.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
¡Ay, ay, ay! Con lo mucho que yo lo quería (bis)