Re: BUG #18570: Drop event trigger for DDL finishes successfully but trigger still executed on DDL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: p2wap3(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18570: Drop event trigger for DDL finishes successfully but trigger still executed on DDL
Date: 2024-08-06 15:11:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> I created a function and an event trigger but then decided to drop the event
> trigger (w/o dropping the function yet).

DROP EVENT TRIGGER works as expected for me. Can you provide
a fully self-contained example of what you did that didn't work?
The most obvious explanation is that you forgot to commit the DROP,
or something along that line.

> I double checked by querying the information_schema.triggers (the list is
> empty)

That proves exactly nothing, because event triggers are never shown
in that view anyway. They are not a SQL-standard feature, but
information_schema is all about SQL-standard things.

psql's "\dy" command could be used to check for event triggers.