Re: Typos in es.po

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Typos in es.po
Date: 2024-05-21 11:48:38
Lists: pgsql-translators

Hello

On 2024-May-21, Thomas Munro wrote:

> I was grepping for setlocale and this string jumped out:
>
> "La base de datos fueron inicializada con LC_CTYPE ..."
>
> I think it should be "fue", no?
>
> And because I've been trying to learn some basic Spanish I gave myself
> 1 minute to find another grammatical mistake and this is the best I
> could come up with:
>
> "la opción de secuencia «%s» no está soportado aquí"
>
> I think it should be "soportada", no?

Eagle eyes, both correct, thanks. I grepped for "soportado" and found
this other one:
-msgstr "las tablas declaradas WITH OIDS no está soportado"
+msgstr "las tablas declaradas WITH OIDS no están soportadas"

These typos are all very old ... I have backpatch the fixes back to 12.

(I think the use of "soportar" as a translation is not considered fully
correct, but I don't recall finding a better word.)

Thanks for reporting these!

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/