Re: pgsql: Clean up role created in new subscription test.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2023-11-08 12:32:41
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 2023-Nov-08, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> Since test_setup.sql is part of the regress schedule and not pg_regress we
> would have to implement this for each test run (regress, contribs etc), which
> is what Peter didn't like about the original suggestion.

Oh, somehow that aspect of his reply failed to register with me. I
agree with your approach of using libpq in pg_regress then.

I suppose you're just thinking of using PQexec() or whatever, run one
query with sufficient ORDER BY, save the result, and at the end of the
test run just run the same query and compare that they are cell-by-cell
identical? This sounds a lot simpler than the patch you posted.

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/