Re: French translation mistake

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: SAS <sas(dot)postgresql(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: French translation mistake
Date: 2022-09-22 14:10:35
Lists: pgsql-translators

On 2022-Sep-22, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> Le jeu. 22 sept. 2022 à 10:59, SAS <sas(dot)postgresql(at)gmail(dot)com> a écrit :

> > Reading xproc.html for PG14, in both french and english, I wonder if
> > french translation is totally accurate.
> >
> > The english version says :
> > Certain function attributes, such as strictness, don't apply to
> > procedures. Those attributes control how the function is used in a query,
> > which isn't relevant to procedures.

> I'd like to know this as well, so that I could fix it if need be.

Well, volatility and strictness are different things. However, you
cannot set either of them for procedures, so while this is technically
not an accurate translation, in practice it makes no difference.

create procedure f (a int) language plpgsql strict as $$ begin raise notice 'called once'; end $$;
ERROR: invalid attribute in procedure definition
LÍNEA 1: create procedure f (a int) language plpgsql strict as $$ beg...
^

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Right now the sectors on the hard disk run clockwise, but I heard a rumor that