Re: pgsql: ecpg: Output dir, source dir, stamp file argument for preproc/*.

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: pgsql: ecpg: Output dir, source dir, stamp file argument for preproc/*.
Date: 2022-07-18 22:15:35
Lists: pgsql-committers

Hi,

On 2022-07-18 18:06:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> While looking at this, I wondered if parse.pl's handy-dandy little exception
>
> no warnings 'uninitialized';
>
> might be related to the issue. Evidently it's not, but now that
> I've noticed it I definitely think it's not up to project standard.

Yea, that doesn't seem great.

> I took it out and fixed the half-dozen places where I got warnings,
> as attached.

Grepping for 'no warnings' shows that check_rules.pl has the same
issue. Perhaps worth fixing at the same time, given how closely related they
are?

> Seem like a good fix?

Looks good to my not-perl-trained eyes.

Might be worth making sure the output files are the same before / after? You
probably already checked...

Greetings,

Andres Freund