Re: Georgian translation - initial

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Temuri Doghonadze <temuri(dot)doghonadze(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Georgian translation - initial
Date: 2022-07-08 14:36:31
Lists: pgsql-translators

On 2022-Jul-07, Temuri Doghonadze wrote:

> P.S. My only question, which will negative answer anyways, but I have to ask.
> Would it be possible to switch from "%s" style translations to
> $0-$1-$n-like one?
> It would give me opportunty to rearranle words in sentence to give it
> more meaning.
> I understand it's almost impossible, but anyways, is it even planned?

You can use %n$s in the translation already, even if the original
strings don't do it. For example, we do it to rearrange phrases in this
one:

msgid "operator family \"%s\" of access method %s is missing operator(s) for types %s and %s"
msgstr "el/los operador(es) para los tipos %3$s y %4$s faltan de la familia de operadores «%1$s» de método de acceso %2$s"

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/