Re: Enhancement to psql command, feedback.

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enhancement to psql command, feedback.
Date: 2018-05-09 13:52:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

* John McKown (john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> Again, this is just a discussion point. And I'm quite willing to admit
> defeat if most people don't think that it is worth the effort.

For my 2c, at least, I do think it'd be kind of neat to have, but we'd
need a fool-proof way to realize that's how we're being called and,
ideally, that would be something we could detect without having to have
special flags for psql which anyone writing such a script would have to
be aware of.

Do you know if there's a way to detect that we're being called this
way..?

Thanks!

Stephen