Re: Enhancement to psql command, feedback.

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Enhancement to psql command, feedback.
Date: 2018-05-09 14:18:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> * John McKown (john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> > Again, this is just a discussion point. And I'm quite willing to admit
> > defeat if most people don't think that it is worth the effort.
>
> For my 2c, at least, I do think it'd be kind of neat to have, but we'd
> need a fool-proof way to realize that's how we're being called and,
> ideally, that would be something we could detect without having to have
> special flags for psql which anyone writing such a script would have to
> be aware of.

​I probably should have taken a good look at how the psql code actually
handles the "-f" argument. Unfortunately, I've been very "time poor​"
recently due to some medical work which, along with "real" work, keeps me
away from the house for about 15 hrs a day, except for weekends which I
used to try to recover.

--
We all have skeletons in our closet.
Mine are so old, they have osteoporosis.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown