Re: pgsql: Can't completely get rid of #ifndef FRONTEND in palloc.h :-(

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Can't completely get rid of #ifndef FRONTEND in palloc.h :-(
Date: 2014-04-28 13:47:09
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Can't completely get rid of #ifndef FRONTEND in palloc.h :-(
>
> pg_controldata includes postgres.h not postgres_fe.h, so utils/palloc.h
> must be able to compile in a "#define FRONTEND" context.

Hmm, I had this patch in an abandoned branch from long ago, which I
think helped remove postgres.h from pg_controldata. I remembered it
just now because of this commit message. Maybe it's useful to re-remove
the #ifndef FRONTEND from palloc.h.

It's not rebased to latest master and maybe even not complete; if people
think this approach is worthwhile I can try and clean it up and
proposely more seriously; LMK. (Also if people think it needs futher
tweaks. I vaguely recall I didn't propose it back then because the set
of stuff in the new header could be tweaked.)

Attachment Content-Type Size
xlogproc.patch text/x-diff 8.1 KB