Re: Changes to Contributor List

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changes to Contributor List
Date: 2003-11-07 14:12:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Imagine this discussion with your boss:

You: I want to spend an hour a day at work on PostgreSQL
community work.
Boss: Hmm. (How do I justify this?)
You: Our company will be listed on the main PostgreSQL web
site.
Boss: Fine. (That gives me a legitimate business purpose.)

This is why listing companies/individuals is good for several reasons,
and this is one of them.