Re: Need for protocol description

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Dinesh Parikh <dineshp(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need for protocol description
Date: 2001-10-18 13:38:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:02:43PM +0530, Dinesh Parikh wrote:
> Hi All

> I want protocol descriptions of Postgresql 7.1 I mean how Postgres listens
> request at default port 5432. If one wants to write to execute some query
> using its program(like in C, java) directry by sending data at server
> socket 5432 then how this task can be achieved. Can anybody tell me from
> where i can find this.

I suggest you use libpq (C), libpq++ (C++), Pg.pm (Perl), etc... There are
already interface libraries for this already. Use one of those.

If you really want to do it, I don't know if there is an actual description
but there is always the source.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/