Need for protocol description

From: "Dinesh Parikh" <dineshp(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need for protocol description
Date: 2001-10-18 12:32:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All
I want protocol descriptions of Postgresql 7.1 I mean how Postgres listens request at default port 5432. If one wants to write to execute some query using its program(like in C, java) directry by sending data at server socket 5432 then how this task can be achieved. Can anybody tell me from where i can find this.

Thanks
Regards
Dinesh Parikh