Re: InputStream as parameter not supported

From: Travis Bauer <trbauer(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: InputStream as parameter not supported
Date: 2001-07-20 20:33:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Okay, I have found an old posting from Tom about setBytes that
said you had to use explicit begin and ends. So I started
sending explicit "BEGIN" and "COMMIT" statements to the backend
and it worked.

But why do you have to use explicit BEGIN and COMMIT statements
if you have autocommit turned off? I appearantly have to send
both a "COMMIT" statement to the back end and then execute the
Connection's commit() method to get the transactions committed.
Why is that?

Thanks,

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer