Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: psql -l)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: psql -l)
Date: 2001-07-20 20:33:17
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> Oleg announced the new intarray in this message:
> http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=120655 and there was
> discussion following. But I don't see this version in CURRENT CVS???

I believe the state of play is that we have some catalog-changing work
to do to support GIST (ie, make "haskeytype" work cleanly), and merging
the updated intarray code is on hold until that gets done --- hopefully,
early next month. We're probably not exactly in sync with what Oleg
has, but I'm not worried about it until the GIST dust settles.

I dunno whether it makes sense to be shipping the updated intarray code
with 7.1; does it work properly in 7.1? Ask Oleg ...