possible to create CVS branch for proposed patch?

From: Fred Yankowski <fred(at)ontosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: possible to create CVS branch for proposed patch?
Date: 2001-02-14 17:44:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jason Tishler and I are planning to create a patch to allow PostgreSQL
to run directly as an NT service. I've submitted a similar patch
which may well be incorporated into the next release of Cygipc, and
we've got a plan for doing the same for PostgreSQL: see
http://ontosys.com/phiki/PostgresqlNtServiceDesign
I've vetted that plan past this group and have incorporated feedback.

Getting to my question: Is it possible to create a CVS branch of the
HEAD (tip) of the PostgreSQL CVS for us to use in this work?

Having such a branch would allow Jason and I to coordinate our work
easily, and it also gives the pgsql-hackers community an easy way to
view (and review) our work. Once/if the work is stable and approved,
we/someone could then use CVS tools to merge that branch back onto the
main line and cease any further work on that branch.

--
Fred Yankowski fred(at)OntoSys(dot)com tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant www.OntoSys.com fax: +1.630.879.1370