Re: [HACKERS] Planning final assault on query length limits

From: Brook Milligan <brook(at)biology(dot)nmsu(dot)edu>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Planning final assault on query length limits
Date: 1999-10-20 17:18:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

AFAICT, the last remaining textual length limits in the backend are a
couple of fixed-size buffers in rewriteDefine.c and array support.
In the next few days (probably this weekend) I intend to fix that code
and then remove all #define constants that have anything to do with
string length limits. (Tentative hit list is attached.)

Great!

Jan, does this mean that we can also lose the "rewrite string too big"
problem with rules?

That would be a huge win.

Cheers,
Brook