Re: [HACKERS] 6.5.1

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 6.5.1
Date: 1999-07-12 13:31:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I just did one too, and diffed it against what I had before.
> There's still nothing that looks broken.
>
> After looking again at your message, I wonder whether the rest of us
> are chasing the wrong idea. The message you sent looked to be corrupted
> text, because it mentioned '^Time_t' and so forth. But now I wonder
> whether that error wasn't just in your cutting and pasting of the
> error message. If we take the messages at face value they seem to
> indicate that type time_t is not known to the compiler when it processes
> heapam.h, which would make sense if <time.h> hasn't been included yet.
>
> And, right offhand, I'm not seeing where <time.h> gets included before
> heapam.h is read.
>
> Has anyone changed anything that might affect where <time.h> gets
> included? Perhaps this is a configuration problem.
>
> Oleg, how long ago did you last pull a working fileset?

OK, I think I have found the cause. At one point, include/access/htup.h
had included #include <utils/nabstime.h>, though it did not need that
file. I removed the include because it was not needed by that file.
Now, it turns out other files needed it. I am putting it back in, and
this will all be cleaned up by 6.6.