Table-space documentation

From: PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: ray(dot)hammond77(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Table-space documentation
Date: 2023-11-26 21:41:48
Lists: pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/manage-ag-tablespaces.html

While reading the table-space documentation
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/manage-ag-tablespaces.html the
information I was looking for was not included. The page invites feedback,
so I though I would share. I was specifically looking for information on
maximum table-space size and whether there is a use-case in which you would
create several table-spaces to split your tables / indexes logically. I am
from an Oracle world and it is normal for me to think about creating
multiple table-spaces for groups of tables and placing a size on the
table-space so that space does not extend and fill the o/s disk-space. It
would be nice for the documentation to include information about this topic.
Even if it is says that these factors I should not worry about as postgres
handles them.